fuzzy, black dogs

fuzzy, black dogs
The original three fuzzy, black dogs -- Bob, Ace and Lilly.

Phillip's Scenic Overlook

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

First Grade Writing

I think my kids look forward to Guided Reading with me. I have them writing all sorts of fun things. I don't generally get to write along with them.

They write things like "If I were the tooth fairy, I would..." "My favorite book is... And here's why..." and "If I were the gingerbread man, I would..."

"Why don't you have to do this, Mr. Haworth," I've been asked before. Duh! I'm the teacher, that's why! More interestingly, I was asked recently "Why have you always got to know about our business, Mr. Haworth?"

One of my favorites was the gingerbread writing assignment. I started it last year, but have expanded on it this year. I certainly don't allow my kids THAT much time for their writing assignments!

With that being said, if I were the gingerbread man, I would start a guitar band and I would name it Gingerbread Stud Muffins.

My band would be four guys and, being the gingerbread man, I would play the bass guitar and be the cool one. Everyone knows the cool bassists get all the chicks.

Which would be pointless since we would have concerts at elementary schools, starting with the one I work at now.

For our first concert, we would invite all my first-graders to hear us play in the gym. Of course, they'll all get A's just for showing up and knowing who that really cool gingerbread bass player is. And then...

No comments:

Post a Comment