fuzzy, black dogs

fuzzy, black dogs
The original three fuzzy, black dogs -- Bob, Ace and Lilly.

Phillip's Scenic Overlook

Monday, March 11, 2013

Birthday Wish List, Replete with Addictions

Here it comes again. Just like taxes, death and fuzzy, black bleck-up hairballs, it's one of life's inevitabilities. It's my birthday. My 45th birthday. And I'm facing it head on.

I've come up with a birthday wish list, as a matter of fact. As anyone who knows me will attest, I don't do subtle. So here is my list for my family, friends and readers. Feel free to pick and choose from the list.

If you don't find anything in my list that appeals to you, I always appreciate a fine, expensive fountain pen. Waterman, Mont Blanc, Pelican or otherwise, I'm not picky.

Books. Lots and lots of books. I love to read and I now have a small list of authors of whom I've read all their books and am impatiently waiting for new ones.

I need a tuxedo. And a shoulder gun holster. And a Walther PPK. And a British accent. Then I think I could give Daniel Craig a run for his money as the next James Bond.

While I'm at it, a new car would be cool. You know... The "dream scream machine" that I have described on more than one occasion. I'm not picky, though. I'd take an Aston Martin as well.

A light saber would be cool. A real light saber, not one of those clever fakes. I could think of some good uses for a real light saber.

I'd like caffeine in a new form, please! I've quit drinking colas and sodas. Since I've quit, I've come to realize how dependent I have become on my 11:45am Diet Coke fix. Now I feel like a junkie... Give me a Diet Coke or die, bleep it!!

Speaking of addictions, I want 15 more levels of Angry Birds! At least! And Star Wars Angry Birds! And Angry Birds Space! I just need my Angry Birds and nobody gets hurt!

No worries, though. It's a healthy addiction.

1 comment:

  1. There are worse addictions! Happy birthday, old man!
    Laurie
    Lulu and Daisy

    ReplyDelete