fuzzy, black dogs

fuzzy, black dogs
The original three fuzzy, black dogs -- Bob, Ace and Lilly.

Phillip's Scenic Overlook

Sunday, September 15, 2013

Friday the 13th Goes Smoothly

People can be a superstitious lot. I am, too, but in a different way. Take yesterday, Friday the 13th, for example.

Most people seem to dread Friday the 13th. Hence, the lengths people go to in order to avoid the day, or just stay safe. Hence, also, all the great horror movies of the same name as the day.

Not me, though. For some reason, Friday the 13th's have always been good days for me. I've learned to look forward to them. I can't wait until the next one!

Yesterday, in fact, went exceedingly well!

I made it to school on time. Of course, I usually do. My first grade guided reading groups proved responsive and attentive. My second grade guided reading groups were also responsive and attentive. Now, they usually are, but, yesterday they proved positively academic! I think some learning actually took place!

Outside of guided reading, my first-graders seemed to hang on my every word. One of them may have laughed at one of my jokes... Hmmm...

My car rider line, which can sometimes be a cause for consternation, actually went pretty smoothly. One child who sometimes gives me trouble (he sometimes gives EVERYONE trouble!) followed my directions and did what was expected of him.

My good fortune even extended to the little drugstore at which I work. Not a single customer was rude to me. I didn't perform a single transaction void (for which I am famous!) or refund! Most unheard of!

Luckily, there will be another Friday the 13th before the year is out. Sadly, I will have to wait until December for it to get here.

No comments:

Post a Comment