fuzzy, black dogs

fuzzy, black dogs
The original three fuzzy, black dogs -- Bob, Ace and Lilly.

Phillip's Scenic Overlook

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Golf Pro or Pro Golfer?

I made it through the golf tournament in one piece and I have great news for my readers... My team won the tournament! It was amazing! We had the highest score of the day!

Our final team score came out at two over par. If I remember correctly, the next highest score was a paltry one under par. Pshaw! We beat them by three.

I will admit that my fairway play lacked my usual finesse and flair. I didn't hit any trees or pop my ball onto the wrong fairway. However, I was able to help the grounds people out by aerating the fairways at various intervals throughout the entire course.

Don't despair, readers! I got some really good yardage on a considerable mound of earth on the 11th hole...

I jokingly told the country club employees my sponsor and father is a doctor. Being the good natured crew that they were, they went along with the joke, telling me they would send him the fairway repair bill. What a great bunch of guys!

My tee game went pretty smoothly. On several holes I managed to clear the end of the tee box. I even put the ball in the fairway on a few. Impressive, huh?

I was a little concerned about my putting game, though. The lack of windmills, chutes and loop-the-loops nearly threw me off. I managed to pull it together after a few holes and even made a few good putts.

Now I'm facing a dilemma of epic proportions. Do I quit my jobs at my elementary school and at my little drugstore to become a professional golfer? And, of course, which is better? Be a golf pro or a pro golfer?

No comments:

Post a Comment