fuzzy, black dogs

fuzzy, black dogs
The original three fuzzy, black dogs -- Bob, Ace and Lilly.

Phillip's Scenic Overlook

Thursday, September 26, 2013

Spaniels Have Talented Noses

My creativity has been known to slip into other genres, or areas outside this blog. Besides the occasional poem and some children's stories, I've been known to do some creative texting.

My son and I have a tentative agreement as to who will feed the fuzzy, black dogs and when. On those few occasions that he forgets to feed them, Bob, the black spaniel (aka, his dog), sends him reminder texts.

Here is but a small sampling of the "reminder texts" that Bob has sent my son:

I. IS. HUNGWY. Dis bob.

Yo. Hungwy. Nuff said. Dis bob.

Da bob need food! Dis bob.

Umm. Hewo? Emptee bowl? Dis bob.

Hey! Forget sumthin? Dis bob.

Sooooo hungwy! Dis bob.

Foodfoodfoodfoodfood! Dis bob.

Daddy wubs me. He feeding me now! Dis bob.

Hewo. Iss been 18635... umm a wotta time in dog secunds and no food! Dis bob.

Soo fweakin hungwy! Dis bob.

Dood! Food! Need food dood! Dood? Dis bob.

Food make bob happy. Bowl emptee. Dis bob.

Being the awesome 15 year old he is, my son plays along with my creative insanity.
"That's amazing, dad," he exclaims. "How does Bob do it? Text, I mean. Paws?"
"It is amazing," I respond. "That dog has one incredibly talented nose!"

No comments:

Post a Comment