fuzzy, black dogs

fuzzy, black dogs
The original three fuzzy, black dogs -- Bob, Ace and Lilly.

Phillip's Scenic Overlook

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Happy Birthday to Me!

Great things happen on great days. It was 25 years ago today (today being March 12, 2014) that the World Wide Web was born. It was 46 years ago today that the creator of Fuzzy, Black Dogs was born.

According to my mother, I was "born at 4:30pm; weighed 9 (lbs) 51/2 oz with blue eyes and light brown hair.  Your head was 22” as was your chest.  When we looked at you, all we could say was 'I wonder what the other guy looks like'?"

Umm... Gee, thanks, Mom!

Having told you that, I feel the need to tell you of some other things I have learned about that took place on March 12ths of previous years.

On this date in 1894, Coca-Cola had been born and began selling its first bottles of fizzy pop in Vicksburg, Mississippi.

Also on this date, but in 1933, President Franklin D. Roosevelt gave his first Fireside Chat. If I remember my history correctly, the chat was about the fail of the banking system. If I don't remember it correctly, my son and my father will both enjoy pointing out my erroneous memory.

In 1912, Juliette Gordon Low gathered 18 girls and registered them as the American Girl Guides in Savannah, GA. The next year the name was changed to the Girl Scouts of America. The cookies came much later!

Just a mere nine years prior to my birth, congress approved to admit Hawaii as the 50th state in our grand United States of America!

One year after I was born, the police searched George Harrison's (you know, of The Beatles) house for drugs. On that exact same day, Paul McCartney (of the same 'boy band' as George) married Linda Eastman.

I feel the need to apologize to my readers simply because I share the same birth date (but NOT year) with the 2012 presidential hopeful, Mitt Romney.

On a brighter note, James Taylor, Liza Minnelli, Barbara Feldon, Al Jarreau, Aaron Eckhart and Jack Kerouac all share my birthdate. 

At my 'advanced' age, I'm keeping this post short. No, not because I'm tired and ready for bed. I'm keeping it short so I can be sure to post it before March 12th becomes March 13th! Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment