fuzzy, black dogs

fuzzy, black dogs
The original three fuzzy, black dogs -- Bob, Ace and Lilly.

Phillip's Scenic Overlook

Monday, October 7, 2013

Couch to 5K Program Initiated. Couch... Check. 5K?

I'm attempting something new -- I'm writing this post from bed. I've got my water bottle and 500 count ibuprofen on my bedside table. I tucked a heating pad beneath my back to emanate some soft, soothing heat. A tube of Icy-Hot waits idly by...

I started my Couch to 5k (or C25K, as the app shows up) program earlier today.

I had downloaded the app to my iPhone some time back. Like any good exercise program, I needed to ponder it for a couple of months before attempting such a radical undertaking.

The good news is that during those two months, I got the couch part down cold. Today I decided to embark upon the second part. 

I put on a pair of plaid running shorts. I donned the closest thing I have to running shoes. I stretched some, put my headphones in and out the door I went!

The app should be called 5K2C (5K to couch). Thirty minutes later, after my "5K," I managed to drag myself into the front door of my house and collapse on my couch. 

As I slowly decomposed, my two tagalongs bumped exuberantly in through the door. They included my son, dressed up in jeans and a bow tie, and his fuzzy, black spaniel. They seemed no worse for the wear. Such is the advantage of youth!

Perhaps I should switch back to my other running program. It involves more running, faster running and harder running. It's pretty strenuous simply because the monkeys are fast and you can't let them catch you. 

The distances are longer, too. I usually exceed the 5K distance when I play Temple Run on my iPhone. I just can't figure out if I get more exercise running as Guy Dangerous or Scarlett Fox.

No comments:

Post a Comment