fuzzy, black dogs

fuzzy, black dogs
The original three fuzzy, black dogs -- Bob, Ace and Lilly.

Phillip's Scenic Overlook

Sunday, October 13, 2013

C25K Runner Experiences Wardrobe Malfunction

After going out on my second run on my C25K (couch to 5K) iPhone app, it seems I'm already experiencing some technical difficulties. First, I may be out of shape. Secondly, I may be out of fashion. Third... Never mind the third since the second could cause me mental anguish and trauma!

My second run was much harder than the first. My shins hurt some during the running parts. I found myself a little out of breath by the ends of those parts, too. Add to that the amount of sweat pouring off my body...

Perhaps it was because I didn't have any company. Maybe the route I picked was harder than the first run. I'm pretty sure I was running against the wind the entire time. And uphill.

It's supposed to get easier, eventually. I plan to tough it out a little longer to test that theory! Either way, be prepared for an app review post in the future.

The second technical difficulty can be summed up with the following math equation.
= DORK?!

 
At the moment, I'm a little limited with my running gear and ensemble. Pictured above are my sole pair of running shorts and but one of my running shirts. According to my wife, none of my t-shirts actually match my running shorts. I dare her to tell Piggly Wiggly about that!

Regardless, it was a fellow runner who made me realize that my running attire could stand a make-over. She matched. Her running attire -- shoes, socks, shorts and shirt -- all matched! I was quite impressed.

Apparently she was, too, judging by the smile I got from her as our paths crossed.

I felt sure she was either noting my excellent form, running style and natural grace, or else adding the above equation to a much more appealing sum!

No comments:

Post a Comment