fuzzy, black dogs

fuzzy, black dogs
The original three fuzzy, black dogs -- Bob, Ace and Lilly.

Phillip's Scenic Overlook

Monday, February 11, 2013

Kids Question Tooth Fairies' Intelligence

The big topic of conversation amongst the six and seven year-old population last year was Santa Claus. There's been a significant swing and this years hot topic seems to be the tooth fairy.

There seems to be no question as to whether or not the tooth fairy exists. The real question my kids want to know is just how smart the tooth fairy really is.

"If I accidentally swallowed my tooth," one kid asked me, "how would the tooth fairy get it? Would I still get my tooth money?"

My exact answers to these two questions were "with great care" and "probably."

I, personally, have sent home five teeth in plastic baggies in students' pockets. I've been made to witness at least 12 loose teeth since my students live for the thrill of showing off loose teeth to anyone who wishes, or doesn't wish, to see.

One student asked me how much money I got for my teeth if I lost one. I feigned ignorance and told her that I didn't remember. Truthfully, I remember it being around $3,000. Unfortunately, that was my cost to the 'tooth fairy' who fixed it!

Another student was telling her teacher and myself about her confused, misguided tooth fairy. The student's actual words, if I remember correctly, were "confused" and "not smart with direction."

"What makes you say that," the teacher asked.

"Cause the tooth fairy left my tooth money on the bathroom counter," the student replied.

"Well... Then... How do you know that money was from the tooth fairy," the teacher asked her.

"Cause I took it," was the student's only response.

Neither the teacher nor myself asked how much money it was. I suspect the teacher was as afraid to ask as I was. If it was any more than five dollars, I suspect the tooth fairy may be repo'ing those funds.

Any questioning or argument with that student would have been a moot point. Mankind simply doesn't have anything that can rebuke the sound, solid logic of a six year-old.

1 comment:

  1. This is really funny! I'm enjoying your blog!

    ReplyDelete