fuzzy, black dogs

fuzzy, black dogs
The original three fuzzy, black dogs -- Bob, Ace and Lilly.

Phillip's Scenic Overlook

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Expanding My Streak of Insanity for Another Year

Today's post is a very special one. "Why," you may ask, "is it so special?"

Well, this is our first anniversary, my dear readers. It was on this day (January 14) one year ago (2011), that I published my first post, "Fuzzy, Black Dogs Versus Two Inches of Snow." The same post, I might add, that my teenaged son holds as a standard for all the posts that have come since. So, according to my kid, the first was my best and one day, IF I'm lucky, I'll post another that might be as good or as funny.

Of course, I think all my blog posts, with the exception of a few serious posts, are pretty funny. However, I'm particularly fond of "Shooting Ducks" and "The Battle of Yorktown, Revisited." The first simply because I couldn't think of anything to write and I had a fun excursion into an odd writing exercise. The second because it was a direct result of a hilarious conversation I had with my son.

In fact, a good third of my stories come from conversations with my son. Fewer come from conversations with my wife, but that's due to no fault of her own. She doesn't have the same streak of insanity that my son and I share and loosely call 'humor.' She seems to be okay with this. Even more, she seems to be okay being married to someone with such a warped sense of humor.

A large majority of the rest are either taken from real life or have come from my head. That, as my son has said before, explains a lot. So as we venture into our second year together, let's have fun and see where my head will take us!

1 comment:

  1. Well now Phillip, I think Kaaren has a very good sence of humor, if she has anything to laugh about. lol

    ReplyDelete